terça-feira, maio 23

A Dream Within a Dream


Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet, if Hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it, therefore, the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep - while I weep!
Oh God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
Oh God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)

3 Comments:

At maio 24, 2006 12:03 da manhã, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Adoro a obra de Poe e adorei este poema. A vida pode ser um sonho dentro dum sonho mas enquanto puder e tiver alguem com quem a partilhar so me resta tornar esse sonho realidade. Sem isso, mais vale a pena sonhar.

 
At maio 28, 2006 5:34 da tarde, Blogger Sara.Algodres.Simões said...

Não conhecia o poema mas por acaso é bonito. De qualquer forma, Madrinha Daniela,´hás-de ler "The Raven" também por Edgar Allan Poe. Acho que foi a primeira coisa dele que li e nunca mais esqueci! =)
Beijos

 
At fevereiro 06, 2007 10:33 da manhã, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Keep up the good work Life style flexible mortgages kidderminster Lawton laser hair removal dance workshops 1988 ferrari Skating and dance bra Dancing purple hippo and the thong song 20 Sports collectible austin 1994 pontiac grand am thermostat lipitor and libido blackberry litigation corvallis salsa dancing incorporate company scotland antique oak desk with bookcase oklahoma celebrex attorney Hair appliances lightweight Baseball facts about 2005 Paul petrino tax powder coat wheels Botulinum toxin diagram 1027 1027 leather shag area rugs

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home